Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Inspired By Socks

I was babysitting last week and I suddenly saw inspiration for nail art on one of the children's (a two year old boy) socks. They were gray on the bottom with two bright blue Vs across them. I wrote down my idea so I wouldn't forget it and created a manicure the same day!
I actually started out by cutting forty small strips of striping tape so I wouldn't need to cut it when my nails were tacky. I then applied one coat of Essie Protein Base Coat. After that, I painted on two coats of Covergirl Out of the Blue and then a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. Then I placed my tape. I applied it to each nail right before painting on the next color instead of applying all the tape and then doing all the painting and tape removal. I wanted the double Vs to go in a different direction on all of my nails to add in some variety. The color I painted over top was Sinful Colors Cool Gray. I immediately removed the tape after painting each nail. I finished off with two coats of Dries Instantly. I am sorry I haven't posted much. When I am busy and the thought of posting stresses me out, I opt out of blogging. I always do a better job if I am in the mood to do it. The best advice I have ever heard from a blogger is to do the blog for yourself. Do not do it for everyone else, or the quality of the blog will not be good and blogging will become a chore instead of a hobby. I will be going away for a few days, but I will be back after that! I hope you are all enjoying summer (or winter if you live on the other side of the world!)

No comments:

Post a Comment