Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sequin Heart


Last night I watched the "Supernatural" episode "Death Takes a Holiday" and I loved Pamela's black nails.  I hadn't given myself a plain black manicure in a long time, so I really wanted to.  I decided to make it a little fancier by adding a heart made out of small hexagonal sequins:

black nails with heart

I started out with a base coat of Essie Protein Base Coat.  I then painted on two coats of Sinful Colors Black on Black.  I used a dotting tool and Sally Hansen Dries Instantly to place the sequins on my middle fingernail.  I first placed the center top sequin so I would be able to make the heart mostly symmetrical on my nail.  I eventually placed the bottom middle sequin and joined up the lines to make a neat heart.

black nails with heart
Whole hand shot!
I finished off with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  

black nails with heart

I accidentally cut my nails a bit too short for my liking, but it is actually nice to have such out of the way nails.  It feels good to take a break from longer nails.  I am still loving the rounded shape!

black nails with heart



No comments:

Post a Comment