Monday, January 5, 2015

Bright Tricolor


Hey, guys!  Happy 2015!  

striped nails


I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat.  I then got out my striping tape.  I used 40 pieces of tape in all to create this manicure.  Here is what I did:

I applied a piece of tape about a third down my nail from my cuticle.  I then took Confetti Cherries Jubilee and painted it onto that 1/3 of my nail.  It got onto my cuticles since I was working in such a small space, but I cleaned everything up at the end with a nail art brush dipped into acetone.  Don't be afraid to get a little messy!  You can clean it up!

I immediately removed the tape after applying the color.  I was left with a third of my nails painted.  I made sure to apply all my colors thickly so that I could get them opaque with one coat. 

I applied Sally Hansen Dries Instantly over my 1/3 painted nails.  I then applied two pieces of striping tape to each nail.  I applied one so it just covored the edge of the pink paint so that when I applied the next color you would not see any bare nail between them.  The other piece of tape I applied two thirds down from the cuticle.  I then filled in that middle section with Revlon Vintage Rose. 

striped nails

Again, I removed the tape right away and waited for the polish to dry.  I then applied another coat of Dries Instantly to protect my progress from being lifted up by the next tape.

I then applied a piece of tape to each nail covering the edge of the rose polish and painted the tips with Essie No More Film, a very dark purple (I love this polish.)  I, again, removed the tape right away.

striped nails

I finished off the manicure with two coats of Dries Instantly.

I have a substantial collection of nail polish that I have acquired over the years and I would love to do swatches so I can show you guys nice colors.  I do not buy expensive polishes.  The most expensive I buy is Essie, and I try to only buy ones that are on sale.  So, I am thinking I could occasionally throw in a swatch instead of nail art and maybe you guys would see a color you'd like to buy.  I customize my white balance on my camera to attempt to get a very accurate depiction of my colors.  I buy most of my polish from Walmart.  Buying online can be good too!  How do you guys feel about that?  Would you be interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment