Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Lights

I occasionally paint my mom's nails and today I decided to take a picture of them:




I have seen many pictures of Christmas light manicures.  My mom wanted some festive nails and she suggested Christmas lights.  I'm happy with how they turned out.

The base color is two coats of Sally Hansen Hard to Get.  I painted on a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly before painting the black wire just to ensure that the white and black polishes wouldn't blend (like, if the white wasn't as dry as I thought it was.)  I used a Milani black striper in Black Sketch to make the wire.  I did mess up a couple times and had some stray black lines, but I used a dotting tool in white to cover them up.

I then used a dotting tool to make green, blue, red, and yellow lights.  I dragged it a little to make the lights oval-like shapes.  I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment