Friday, February 21, 2014

Half Moons and Studs

I love the color combination of rose and brown so I decided to do a manicure with those colors.  Gold looks good with that combination, so I added some gold studs:



I know my hand looks more yellow and pink than usual.  This is much closer to my actual skin tone.  I have been playing with the white balance on my camera so I can show you the colors of the paint accurately.

I started out with a base coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty.  Then I painted on two thin coats of Rimmel English Rose.  When that was dry I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  Then I put on hole reinforcements at my cuticles so I could achieve a half moon effect.  I cut the hole reinforcements in half so I can get more uses out of them.  I painted on Essie Don't Sweater It next.  I immediately removed the hole reinforcements on each nail after painting on the brown.  Then I dotted on some Dries Instantly to stick the gold studs to.  I got all of the studs from Born Pretty Store.  The square ones are 2 mm and the round ones are 1.5.  After everything was dry I painted on two coats of Dries Instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment