Sunday, February 9, 2014

Squigglies and Gems

Today I bought some more scissors that cut fun patterns.  So, I decided to do a Valentine's Day-like manicure.  (The only reason I say "Valentine's Day" is because of the colors):




I started out with one coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat on all of my nails.  I don't know how this will do with preventing stains, but it didn't take too long to dry and it was very easy to apply polish over it.  (So, it is much cheaper and already better than that Essie Protein base coat.)  After the base coat was dry, I applied two coats of an L.A. Colors polish (the light pink) on my ring fingers and thumbs and two coats of China Glaze Designer Satin on all of my other nails.  I then applied light pink rhinestones on my pointers, middles, and pinkies.  I stuck them on with a dots of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  To finish them off, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.

For my thumbs and ring fingers, I applied one coat of Dries Instantly so the tape wouldn't pull up my base color.  Then I applied the tape that I cut with my squiggly scissors where I wanted my light pink base color to show through.  I then painted over the tape with China Glaze Designer Satin and immediately removed the tape.  I finished off these nails with two coats of Dries Instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment