Friday, April 18, 2014

Copper and Blue Stripes

I decided that I will not do an Easter inspired manicure this year.  Holy Week and Easter are always super busy for me with all the church services and festivities.  I want my nails to match my dress on Easter, so I will just be painting them a solid color--very boring to post on a blog.  I have a bunch of manicures lined up to show you, though.



I started out with a base coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty.  Then I painted on a coat of Essie Penny Talk on my ring fingers and thumbs.  I painted on a coat of Rimmel Blue Eyed Girl on the rest of my nails.  These polishes are very opaque, so I didn't need more than one coat.  I then applied three pieces of striping tape diagonally on each nail where I wanted the base color to show through.  After that, I painted on a coat of the opposite color and immediately removed the tape with tweezers.  I finished off with two coats of Seche Vite.  Have a happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment