Thursday, April 24, 2014

Throwback Thursday! Water Marbling

I have never done a Throwback Thursday before, and I have been meaning to do this post for a few weeks.  I took a ton of pictures of my nails with my lousy cell phone camera before starting this blog, but when I did water marbling on my nails a few years ago, my mother took pictures of my hands with her good camera so I could immortalize my design.  You can see how far my nails, cuticles, and technique have come since that time:



I have only ever done water marbling once.  I didn't even get the technique down perfectly.  You are supposed to paint on a layer of white before water marbling.  Anyway, I will go through how I did this.  I know I followed the instructions somebody on Youtube gave.  I don't know who.  Cutepolish, maybe?

For the nails that I didn't water marble, I applied Sally Hansen Espresso.  For my marbled ring fingernails, I used Sally Hansen Espresso and Essie Oui Madame.  I made sure the water in my cup was room temperature and I put scotch tape around my nails that would be marbled to minimize the cleaning up I would have to do.  I dropped some drops of the polish into the surface of the water and swirled them with a toothpick and then put my nail in the part of the design that I wanted on my nails.  I then blew on the surface of the water for 10 seconds to dry the rest of the polish and I used the toothpick and swirled the dried excess polish around it and then removed it from the water.  Then I took my finger out of the water, removed the messy tape, and used a Q-Tip dipped in polish remover to clean up my cuticles a bit.  I don't think I applied a top coat.

If you guys want, I could post the cell phone pictures I have of many, many designs that I did before starting the blog.  I wouldn't do tutorials for them, but you could have a look at the designs for some inspiration.  Tell me in the comments if you'd be interested in seeing them!  And, of course, I would be glad to answer any questions you had about colors I used in the manicures!

No comments:

Post a Comment