Thursday, May 29, 2014

Doily Nails

I actually did this manicure months ago. I remember the day I did this I had been wanting to do something super feminine. I wanted pink, but I must have been in strange lighting, because this orangy polish looked a lot more pink than it came out:
I started out with two coats of Sally Hansen Hard to Get and then applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. Next, I applied half a hole reinforcement to each nail so I could achieve a half moon effect. I then painted over them with Essie Haute as Hello and immediately removed the hole reinforcements. After all that was dry, I took a dotting tool dipped in Hard to Get and made a row of dots along the edge where the two colors meet. After that was dry, I took a smaller dotting tool dipped in Haute as Hello and made a dot in the center of each white dot. I wanted a lacy effect. This manicure was not as great looking as I had hoped it would be. It was fun to do, though! I have not painted my nails for a while because my nails keep peeling a little on the tips. I don't know what is causing it, but I thought I'd experiment with letting them stay natural for a while (I don't think I can go much longer, though. Haha!) I will paint my nails again soon, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment