Friday, May 16, 2014

Music Video

I was a bit bored one day, so I decided to watch a music video on Youtube. I watched Katy Perry's "Dark Horse" video, which is quite bizarre, as are most music videos. Then I saw this:
I paused the video and stared at these nails for a bit. I loved them! So, I decided I had to recreate them!
I started out with two coats of Essie Protein Base Coat. I have been having issues with peeling nails, and I finally pinned down that I think I have only been having them as long as I have been using Sally Hansen Double Duty. Don't hold me to that because I may be wrong, but I am experimenting. I had hated Essie Protein Base Coat last time I used it because it had been hard to apply polishes over it. They streaked a lot. This time, though, that did not happen at all. I have no clue why. Now I am reevaluating it. It worked really well this time. I don't know what happened the other few times I used it. So, anyway, after the base coat, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Golden-I. When that was dry I painted on a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly because I had been planning on using tape as guides to make the blue triangles. I ended up freehanding the blue (Covergirl Out of the Blue), though. I used the brush from the bottle to apply it. I got some on the sides of my fingers around my nails, but a nail art brush dipped in acetone corrected that problem. If I messed up with the blue on my actual nail, I would take a brush dipped in acetone and gently brush it on the nail to remove the blue and NOT the gold with it. That works really well, especially if you have many layers of polish under the color you want to remove. Just don't go over the same spot too many times, because that will start to remove the base color too. If that happens, as it did to me on my right hand, just take some of your base color and dab it on the bare patch. The top coat will smooth everything out at the end. I finished off with two coats of Dries Instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment