Sunday, November 3, 2013

Stripes Galore

I have not used striping tape for a while, so I decided to today:



I used two coats of Rimmel Mintilicious as my base color.  After that was dry I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly to make the bottom color not come up with the striping tape.  After that was dry I applied striping tape where I wanted to see the bluey color.  I made sure the tape was pressed down around my cuticles and then painted on Rimmel Wild Orchid.  I then immediately removed the striping tape with a pair of tweezers.

Once all that was dry I used a nail art brush dipped in acetone to create a clean line around the edges of my nails.  I then used a striper nail art brush dipped in Nicole Glitter In My Stocking to make a sparkly line across my thumb nails.  I finished off the manicure with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.

Remember: if you have overlapping striping tape, keep track of which pieces are on top and which are on bottom (the order you placed them on) to avoid ruining the manicure while removing the tape.  I ALWAYS forget to pay attention to that and then have to guess the order in which I placed the tape.  I decided to put that gold stripe on my thumb because it looked and little empty AND because I messed up the center of the "X" because I forgot the order in which I placed the tape.


No comments:

Post a Comment