Thursday, March 13, 2014

Shamrocks!

I wanted to get on the bandwagon and make some Saint Patty's Day nail art.  My right hand came out better than my left hand this time, so I have included a picture of each hand:



I started out with a base coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty.  Then I applied two coats of Revlon Rain Forest.  When that was dry, I carefully painted on a coat of Nicole Glitter in my Stocking so that some green near my cuticles was left uncovered.  I had never done this before, but this was surprisingly easy to do!  I think it depends on how thick or thin the polish you are putting on top is, and what the brush of the top polish is like.  This glitter is thick, so it didn't run anywhere, and the brush is pretty good.

For the shamrocks, I used NYC High Line Green.  I used a dotting tool to make three hearts into the shape of a shamrock.  I got better at the technique and placement by the time I put them on my right hand with my left hand (which is my non-dominant hand), so that it why I included a picture of both.  The way I made these was by dragging the dotting tool lightly for each stroke, so it took me two strokes to make each heart shape.  I finished this manicure off with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  The glitter is scratchy, so I also wrapped the tips, which means that I glided the top coat over the very tips of my nails.  
Happy Saint Patty's Day to anybody who celebrates it!  I don't do much for the holiday, but I will probably have some corned beef, cabbage, and Irish soda bread.   =)


No comments:

Post a Comment