Sunday, March 9, 2014

Splattered Nails

I LOVE this splatter effect glitter I got one time!




I started out with a coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty.  Then I pained on two coats of Essie Borrowed & Blue.  After that was dry, I painted on a coat of Claire's Splatter (the glitter.)  The best way to apply a glitter polish is to dab it on and then spread it out.  This allows you to apply more pieces of glitter without accidentally streaking the paint underneath from going over with the brush repeatedly.  I finished off with two coats of Seche Vite.
I did this manicure two days ago and have not done anything too rough with my hands, but it has already chipped in a few spots.  I did not notice any shrinking this time, but Dries Instantly holds up better for me, chipping wise.  Maybe I got a bad bottle of Seche Vite.  I don't know.  I am just very happy with how inexpensive Dries Instantly is!  That remains my favorite top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment