Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Fish Scales

I got a few new polishes recently, so I tried out two of them today!
I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat. I then applied two coats of Essie Borrowed & Blue to all of my nails. After that, I applied a coat of Salon Perfect Cosmic Dust on my ring fingers and pinkies. This polish is a very fine holographic glitter. I LOVE it!! It is so pretty! I got it at Walmart for $3.98. It looks amazing in the sunlight:
On my thumbs, pointers, and middles I wanted to create a bunch of crescents. My goal was to make them look somewhat like fish scales. They turned out better than I expected! I started by creating rows of large, alternating dots with a dotting tool. The polish I used is Essie Blue Rhapsody, which I picked up at T.J. Maxx yesterday for only $4.99, which is a really great price for Essie. (This polish looks like it will be great for stamping because it is very opaque like Essie Penny Talk, my best stamping polish.) After the larger dots had dried, I took a smaller dotting tool and my base polish (Essie Borrowed & Blue) and made a dot towards one side of each larger dot. This created my crescents. I wanted mine to be facing the tips of my nails, but they'd look good facing toward the cuticles, or in any other direction. I finished off with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. This last picture shows the manicure in the sunlight, as you have probably extrapolated since you can see the grass. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment