Friday, May 8, 2015

Mint and Gold Stripes


I did this manicure back in January and just had it saved up for a future blog post. 

mint and gold manicure

I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat.  Then I applied two coats of Rimmel Mintilicious.  When that was dry, I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly to my pointers, middles, and pinkies because I was done working on these nails.  

mint and gold manicure


I applied one coat of Dries Instantly to my thumbs and ring fingers so the striping tape wouldn't lift up my base color.  I then put pieces of striping tape on vertically in preparation for the gold polish and painted a coat of Sally Hansen Golden-I on top.  I immediately removed the tape.

mint and gold manicure

I finished off those nails with two coats of Dries Instantly.

mint and gold mani

It was super fun because my sister and I visited our friend when I had this mani on.  It was winter break from college.  We took a subway to Boston and had a great day going to the New England Aquarium.  It was so cold.  We are such small town girls.  We couldn't even figure out how to get T-tickets out of the machine at first.  Haha!  Once we got into Boston, we walked around in the freezing cold for 45 minutes because we couldn't find the aquarium.  On our way back, we rode a subway to the end of the line because we got on the wrong one.  At least we have some funny memories from that trip!!  Anything's fun when you're with your best friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment