Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Ziplock Bag Technique


Hi!  Today's post is inspired by ohmygoshpolish from Youtube.  She does AMAZING manicures!  Around a week ago she released a video called "Zip Lock Bag - Navajo White Howlite."  In this video, she used a cool technique involving a ziplock bag!  I wanted to give it a try.  I will explain the method, but watch her video if you want to see it done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v2hybB-Cw4


ziplock bag manicure

I started out with a coat of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat.  I then painted on two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  After that was dry, I went on to the ziplock bag technique.

ziplock bag manicure

So, you need a ziplock bag.  I used a small sandwich sized one.  I chose three polish colors, one of them my base color.  So, I used the white, Sally Hansen Pink Blink (the light pink), and Essie Angora Cardi (the dark pink).  I took a dotting tool and randomly dotted on some white (you can also just use the brush from the bottle of polish.)  You do not need to be at all neat with this because you eventually squish it all with your plastic bag.  I then immediately dotted on some of each of my pink colors.  Don't worry about them mixing.  This is totally fine.  

Right away, I grabbed my plastic bag and pressed it onto my nail on the wet polish.  I then immediately peeled it off and was left with a marbled effect.  If you ever aren't happy with a nail, just add more dots and squish the bag onto your nail again.  You can't go wrong!  

ziplock bag manicure

I wanted this to be glittery and even more girly, so I added a coat of Salon Perfect Cosmic Dust, a very fine holographic glitter which I love.  I finished off with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.
This is what my bag looked like after I used it on all my nails:
ziplock bag manicure
the aftermath

ziplock bag manicure

I am nearly done with this semester of college.  I cannot wait for it to be over.  I am going nuts!  Is anybody graduating?  Leave a comment!  =)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment