Saturday, August 16, 2014

About Me!

Hi guys! I am so sorry I haven't been posting! I honestly have not gotten around to doing another manicure after my last and I haven't been doing my nails enough to have a collection of manicures to use as back-up posts. So, I decided to do something a bit different. I will tell you a bit about me.  (If you want to see a manicure, just skip over reading this post!)  On the side of my blog there is a little "about me" link that brings you to my Google page. That doesn't have much information on it, though.  So, here is a bit about me:

My name is Maggie.  I was born in New York and I am going to be 20 years old next month.  I live at home with my dad, my mom, and my younger sister.  I was home schooled from 6th-12th grade and now I am a college student majoring in childhood education.  I had changed my major, so I am taking three full years to get my associate's degree.  I have six more classes until I can graduate with an associate's!  I plan on going on to get my bachelor's degree in childhood education and then, eventually, my master's degree in special education.

When I was younger I was not into nail art at all.  I never even painted my nails.  It has just been within the past few years that I have enjoyed nail art.  Cutepolish (on Youtube) was who originally inspired me to do more with my nails.  Then I found The Nailasaurus.  She is an AMAZING nail artist and she got me in to doing more with studs and stamping and striping and glitter.  

The things I enjoy doing most are cross stitching (though it takes me years to finish projects), doing my nails, hanging out with my younger sister and my best friend, reading (though I have to say I read a lot more before starting college.  One of my all time favorite books is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer), exercising with Blogilates (I follow her workout calendar), listening to music on my iPod (I like a little of everything, except for rap and country), and watching fun TV shows and movies with my family.  I got into Star Trek The Original Series when I was 16 and now I love all Star Trek (except for The Original Series movies, which I only watch for a good laugh, and "Enterprise," which I can't stand.)  I watched all of "Voyager" by myself and now I am rewatching it with my mom.  I love Captain Janeway!  

The people whom I spend the most time with are my sister, my best friend (whom my sister and I have been best friends with since we were toddlers when we met at our church), my mom, and my dad.

I have always been an animal lover and have had many pets over the years.  I have had guinea pigs (my profile picture is of King Tut, who, sadly, isn't around any more), hamsters, and a gerbil.  My family has a ball python named Socci, who could be 30 years old at this point.  We also have an adorable Australian Shepherd-Black Lab mix named Digby, and a rabbit named Duffle.

This year I got my first tattoo!  I never thought I'd get one, but my best friend, my sister, and I all decided to get friendship tattoos!  We have always thought of ourselves as the Three Musketeers and have decided that I am Aramis, my sister is Porthos, and my friend is Athos.  So, my tattoo says "Un pour tous," which means "one for all" in French; my friend's says "Tous pour un," which means "all for one" in French; and my sister's is a fleur de lis, the symbol of the Musketeers.  I absolutely love my tattoo and I doubt I will ever get another one, though my sister and friend now have other tattoos, as well.

Tomorrow I am leaving for Florida for a week to visit my grandpa and step grandma!  I am super excited!  I have never been there before.  So, I won't be posting another manicure until after August 24th.  Sorry about that!  I will get back into doing manicures soon, hopefully!  

Here is a picture of me that was taken this past Easter at our church, where my sister and I met our best friend:


 I am the one on the left, my best friend is in the center, and my sister is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment