Monday, August 25, 2014

Peachy Triangles

I am back!  I got home from Florida yesterday.  I had a great time!  So, I have been planning this manicure since I was still in Florida and have been super excited to get to do my nails again.  I finally got the chance and I am super happy that my bare nails grew out nicely while I was in Florida.

I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat and then painted on two coats of Essie Haute as Hello.  That polish takes a long time to dry, for some reason.  I then applied one coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly so the tape wouldn't pull up my base color.  

Before starting the manicure I had cut ten squares of scotch tape.  I applied a corner of one to each of my nails so I would be left with peach triangles at the tips after applying my next color.  The polish that I painted over top of everything is Sinful Colors Cool Gray.  This is a very opaque color, so it completely hid the peach.  After painting the gray on each nail I removed the tape.  

After that was all dry I used a silver striper (Salon Perfect Silver Plated) to line the place where the two colors met.  I was planning on doing that all along, but after taping I actually needed to do that to make the manicure look cleaner.  Not all the lines were completely clean, but the silver polish over that hid the messy bits perfectly.  
I finished off with two coats of Dries Instantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment