Friday, August 29, 2014

"Sherlock" Nails

Hi!  I have been wanting to do this for a long time and I finally just went for it!  I love the BBC show "Sherlock" because it is super clever and fun!  So, the design I attempted didn't come out as nicely as I was hoping, but from a distance it looks better.  Anyway, here's what I was going for:


This is what my final product was:


Obviously, I had issues creating the design from the wallpaper.  I needed to make it simpler, but it looks messy up close.  I did get a compliment on the nails, though, so I guess I am just scrutinizing them too closely and thinking like a perfectionist.  From a distance they look a bit better.  So, anyway, on to how I created these:

I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat.  I then painted on two coats of Revlon Pale Cashmere.  This is a GORGEOUS polish!  It is a semi-sheer, light beige polish and it looks so elegant, feminine, and clean.  I would love to wear it alone.  After that dried I took a small detail brush and attempted the wallpaper design with Sally Hansen Black Out.  I used a toothpick to make the little details inside the curved lines.  After all that (which took a maddeningly long time) I used the same detail brush in Avon Sunshine to draw on the spray paint smiley face.  I finished off with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  

If you ever want to create a Sherlock wallpaper design, it would be cool to put a matte top coat on top of everything!  To be honest, I was planning on that, but I really wanted to be done with this manicure, especially since it was not coming out the way I wanted it to.  In the end, though, I am happy with it because it does remind me of "Sherlock" and it looks better when I am not scrutinizing all the details.  


No comments:

Post a Comment