Saturday, August 2, 2014

Glitter Gradient

Wow! I have not posted or done a manicure in a long time! I have actually had bare nails for over a week! I am still growing them and I am really enjoying having longer nails. So, here is the manicure that I FINALLY got around to doing:
I started out with a coat of Essie Protein Base Coat. I then painted on three coats of Pure Ice Love. When that was dry I took a silver glitter (Sinful Colors Queen of Beauty) and made sure that the brush didn't have very much polish on it. I then stroked that coming down from my cuticles. I didn't have much glitter on my nails because this was just the base so I could build up the gradient. (I am not great with glitter gradients. This was my first real try on a complete glitter gradient manicure.) When that was mostly dry I took the same glitter polish and did not remove too much glitter from the brush. I then concentrated that more near my cuticles.
I also took Salon Perfect Cosmic Dust (a fine, holographic glitter) and brushed some of that from the middle of my nails to the tips to help with the fading effect. Lastly, I took my Sinful Colors glitter again and went over spots that could use more glitter. I then applied two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly. I definitely have room for improvement, but I am pretty satisfied with the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment