Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sugar Skulls

So, I decided to be a little festive and attempted to recreate Cutepolish's Sugar Skull manicure (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLMTXjJyxDU).  Mine did not come out nearly as nice as hers, but I had fun with it.


I painted two coats of Rimmel Hot Chilli Pepper on my thumb, ring finger, and pinkie.  On my pointer and middle I painted two coats of Sally Hansen Hard to Get.  I attempted to draw flowers on my pink nails with a black and a metallic light blue gel pen, but they didn't come out that well and my camera didn't photograph them clearly.  I applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly over top.  For the sugar skulls I followed Cutepolish's directions.  I have very small nails, so designs like this are hard for me.  I never have enough room and I forget to make things extra small.  The black I used was Sally Hansen Black Out.  I put multicolored dots around the eye sockets.  The tools I used to do all this were a black striper (for the line separating the upper and lower teeth) and a couple dotting tools.  As always, I used two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly when everything was dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment