Saturday, October 5, 2013

White Roses

Today I decided to stamp my nails.  They came out so well!



I first painted on two coats of Rimmel Black Satin.  I let that dry for a while and them I began stamping.  I used my Bundle Monster Plate BM323 and selected the rose pattern.  I have an old white polish, Sally Hansen White On, that got very thick.  That worked perfectly.  With stamping, thick polishes work better.

After I stamped all my nails I cleaned up around my cuticles with a Q-tip dipped in pure acetone.  I had never used pure acetone before, but it worked so much better than nail polish remover with acetone.  I didn't need to rub my skin to get the paint off.  The acetone took it off effortlessly.

I let the stamped images dry for a long time and then applied two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  The trick to not smudging the images is letting them dry for a long time and using a top coat with a thick consistency.  Thin top coats do not provide a barrier between the nail and the brush.  If you use a thick top coat, though, and make sure you have a lot on the brush and apply it very lightly to your nails, the design will remain intact.  When I first buy Dries Instantly, it is pretty thin, but when it gets a little older it becomes thick enough to paint over designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment