Friday, June 19, 2015

Classic French Tips

A manicure that is sure to go with absolutely anything is the french tip.  I absolutely love french tip manicures.  They are so classy and elegant.  Whenever I have a french tip mani, I can't stop looking at my nails.  A while ago I did a basic french tip manicure on my nails.  French tip manicures can also be spruced up with different colors, glitter, rhinestones, studs, and whatever else you want!  Here's my version of a classic french tip:

french tips

I started out with a coat of OPI Natural Nail Base Coat and then applied two coats of Pure Ice Satin Ribbon, a very light pink sheer polish (the typical pink used in french manicures).  I then applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly because I planned on using french tip guide stickers to create perfect tips (you can also use striping tape, scotch tape, any other type of tape, or just do it freehand).  

french tips

I applied my french tip guides and then used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the french tips.  I removed the tape right away and then applied two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.

french tips

Here's something interesting:  I have read that the french tip is actually American.  A Hollywood makeup artist invented it because it went with any outfit a woman would be changing into.

french tips





No comments:

Post a Comment