Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm Feeling Dotty!

Yes, I know the title is corny, but I am not too great at naming my posts.  Haha!
Today I painted my nails one of my favorite colors.  After a few hours I decided to make them a little more fun by adding white polka dots:


I used Avon Nailwear Pro in Blossom for my base color and the white dots are Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in White On.  I used Sally Hansen Dries Instantly (which really does dry super fast and never lets your sheets leave marks on your nails at night, even in humid weather) as my top coat.

I used a dotting tool to make the big and medium dots and a toothpick to make the small dots.  The small and medium dots actually look about the same on my left hand.  They came out better on my right because I made sure that the toothpick that I used didn't have dried nail polish on the tip before I started dotting.  If you don't have a dotting tool you can always use the colored end of a straight pin, a straightened bobby pin, or a toothpick to make all different sized dots.  Dotting tools are fairly inexpensive on websites like eBay and Amazon, though.

It is fun to make a manicure just a little more fun and cute by doing such simple techniques!  

No comments:

Post a Comment