Friday, August 30, 2013

Studs and Stripes

I finally got around to painting my nails again.  College starts for me in a few days so I probably won't have as much time to do my nails then, but I will try to do at least one manicure a week...maybe.  Haha!  Today I felt like using a matte top coat.  Matte polish always reminds me of wax when it is dry:




I haven't been able to get good pictures inside my house, so, again, I went outside to take the pictures.  Luckily, it's been sunny.

I used Rimmel 60 Seconds in Caramel Cupcake as my base color and then applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly to make sure that the base was totally set before I applied striping tape, that I purchased from Amazon, to my nails.  After I applied my striping tape and painted over top with Covergirl Out of the Blue, I immediately removed the tape using tweezers.  That left me with a tan stripe across each nail.  I then applied some silver 1.5 mm studs (from Born Pretty Store) using dots of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly as my "glue."  After everything was dry I applied a thick coat of Dries Instantly and then a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment