Friday, January 24, 2014

Metallic Tricolor

I have been wanting to do this design for days now.  It is actually very easy and fast to do!  You won't need any tools besides the brushes already in the bottles of polish!



I started out by painting on one coat of Essie Penny Talk, one of my favorite polishes.  It is so opaque that I didn't bother doing two coats--especially because I was going to add more layers of other colors.  Once that was dry, I used Sally Hansen Celeb City (silver) to paint on the next stripe.  Instead of just striping this horizontally across my nail, I painted multiple vertical strokes from a third down my nail to the tip of my nails.  You can apply tape to get a straight line, but I didn't feel like waiting for everything to dry enough to apply tape.  So, I freehanded it.  I only needed one layer of that, too, because it is very opaque, especially if layered over another polish.  Once that was dry, I used Sally Hansen Golden-I to paint the next bottom third of my nails.  Again, I freehanded this the same way that I did the silver, just further down the nail.  I finished off the manicure with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.
This is a super easy and pretty design!  I also love how fast it takes, since all of these polishes are fine with just one coat and you don't need any extra tools to create it.  Also, with metallics like these, nobody can even tell if you don't have perfectly straight, clean lines.  The colors sort of blend into each other because of the shimmer.  
I am super excited because I ordered a Seche Vite top coat from Amazon.com!  I can't wait to try it!  I've never used that top coat before, but have heard a lot of good things about it.   I hope everybody had a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment