Monday, January 20, 2014

Stamping Half Moons

I start another semester of college tomorrow, so I wanted to do a manicure before things get crazy.  ; )  I have been fairly busy lately, so that is why I haven't done a post since my slipper pattern nails.  I did do my nails once, but they didn't come out well, so I decided not to post them.  So, I have been wanting to do this manicure for a while and I finally got around to it:


I started out with two coats of Sally Hansen Celeb City, which is a really great, inexpensive, sparkly silver polish.  I then applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly so that the hole reinforcers wouldn't pull up my base color.  Once that was dry, I cut some hole reinforcers in half and applied them where I wanted my half moons.  I then stamped on a pattern from Bundle Monster's plate BM 404.  My stamping color was Sally Hansen Black Out.  The stamping didn't come out as well as I had hoped (I have not been having much success with stamping lately, for some reason), so I wanted something else to make the half moons stand out better.  I decided to use a small nail art brush to freehand on the green stripes.  The green polish is an L.A. Colors polish.  I finished off the manicure with a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  

I have been lacking ideas for manicures lately!  I have been wanting to do pretty, dainty manicures, but I can not think of any to do!  Any time you guys have any ideas, comments, questions, or suggestions, feel free to leave a response in the comments box!  Anyone can leave a comment because you can comment under "anonymous" if you want to!     

No comments:

Post a Comment