Thursday, January 30, 2014

Dotted Design

Sorry I haven't posted for a while!  School has been busy.  At least the wait allowed my new base and top coats to come in the mail!  My top coat just arrived today...just in time for this new manicure!


I started out with one coat of Essie Protein base coat.  I don't usually apply base coats, but that is because I did not have one until yesterday!  Haha!  Also, my nails are getting a bit stained, so I will apply a base coat when I have time.

After the base coat was dry, I applied two coats of Revlon Impulsive.  This polish looks awful after the first coat, so you definitely need at least two coats.  Two coats looks okay, but three would probably be better.  I don't usually have time to put on three coats of a polish , though.  Once all that was dry, I used a dotting tool to dot on white dots (I used Sally Hansen Hard To Get).  The way I kept these "S" shapes about even was by first putting a dot in the center of my nail and then dotting a curve going one way and then one going the opposite way, if that makes sense.  When the white was dry, I dotted on L'Oreal Now You Sea Me over top of the white dots.

Today I used a Seche Vite top coat for my first time!  I have seen so many nail art girls using it and I finally ordered some through Amazon.  I am very happy with it!  It dried about as fast as Sally Hansen Dries Instantly dries.  I think it is shinier than Dries Instantly, though.  I only applied one coat of Seche Vite and it looks great!

The weather is very dry, which always takes a toll on my cuticles.  They are suitably pushed back, but some are peeling around the sides of my nails.  Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream works wonders, though.  I use it every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment