Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Slipper Pattern Nails

I got new slippers last week and I immediately thought of turning their pattern into nail art:



I started out with two coats of Pure Ice Scandal.  Then I stuck on some 2 mm pink studs from Born Pretty Store using Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.  I only put them on my ring fingers and thumbs because I like to add some 3-D on those nails.  After that, I used a dotting tool to make white dots where I wanted to dot on color after.  (That makes the color really stand out against a dark background.)  The white I used is Sally Hansen Hard To Get.  When that was dry I used different colors to go over the white dots.  The red is Rimmel Burgundy Flirt, the green in NYC High Line Green, the orange is NYC Spring Street, the pink is an L.A. Colors polish, and the blue is Avon Shock.  After that was all done, I put on a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly and then a coat of NYC Matte Me Crazy.  I wanted a matte finish so the effect was more similar to how the slippers look.

No comments:

Post a Comment