Thursday, January 9, 2014

Vintage Lace



I started out with two coats of Milani Rapid Orchid, which is actually a very dark reddish-purple, though it even looks almost black in person.  When that was dry, I stamped on a lace pattern that I found on Bundle Monster's Plate BM323.  I used Sally Hansen White On as my stamping color.  I finished off the manicure with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.

So, the story behind my "vintage lace" is simply that the lace did not come out like I hoped it would.  I wanted it to look crisp and clean, but, for some reason, I was just having a hard time with stamping.  So, I am using my imagination and pretending that the lace is supposed to be old, tattered lace.  Haha!  If I think of it that way, I don't think the manicure looks messed up!

I did use my new Konad stamper, but it was definitely not the new stamper that made my stamping not come out so well.  My conclusion is that the generic stamper that I had always used is just as good as the Konad one that I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment