Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Horizontal Stripes

I felt like using striping tape the other day, so I created very stripey nails.  This was fun to do, but it did take a long time because of all the coats of polish I needed and because I had to cut 50 pieces of striping tape, put all that on, and take it all off.  So, without further ado, here is the final product:



 I started out with two coats of Avon Sunshine (the yellow.)  I then applied a coat of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly (to prevent the tape from ripping up my base color) and, when that was dry, put on striping tape where I wanted the yellow to show.  Then I painted on a coat of Covergirl Out of the Blue.  I immediately removed the striping tape with tweezers.  There were a couple spots where my tape was not pushed down enough and some of the blue got onto the yellow lines.  To fix that, I used a dotting tool dipped in the yellow to cover up the mistakes.  Nobody will be able to notice if you do that.  I finished off the manicure with two coats of Sally Hansen Dries Instantly.

I made a Youtube channel and a Facebook page for Ten Digit Design.  I have only uploaded one video on Youtube and it is not that good, but it is a small tutorial on how to stamp your nails.  My channel is just called TenDigitDesign and I have a link to it on the upper right hand corner of this blog.  My Facebook page is linked there too, if you are interested.

Also, I got a new stamper!  It is a real Konad one.  I will stamp my nails in a few days and then tell you how that stamper compares to the Salon Express one I have always used.

No comments:

Post a Comment