Monday, September 9, 2013

Scotch Tape Chevron!

Today I FINALLY tried something that I have been wanting to do for a long time now: Chevron using painted scotch tape!  Cutepolish taught me how to do this, but I had never gotten around to doing it.  I am extremely happy with the final result:



The way I did this was the way that Cutepolish did it in her video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCWF6oK7Wk).  It would take a while to explain, so it would be better for you to watch her video so you can understand how to do it.  I followed all of her directions.

I painted my tape this morning and cut it into strips soon after so it had hours to completely set before I even started my manicure.  The dark blue is Sinful Colors Rain Storm and the brown is Essie Mink Muffs.  My base color is Revlon Dreamer.  I used a very thin tipped pair of scissors to cut off the excess tape.  That made all the difference.  I had tried to use larger scissors, but that was much too difficult.  The top coat that I used was Sally Hansen Dries Instantly, the top coat I always use.  This design was pretty easy, but very time consuming, at least for me.  It was loads of fun, though.

Here's a small update on those Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips:
I actually still have them on my toenails.  I had to put on another coat of my silver polish on the nails that didn't have the strips, but the strips are still totally intact.


No comments:

Post a Comment