Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Sponging For My First Time!

Today I finally tried sponging for my first time.  I had always said that I will never sponge my nails because it makes too much of a mess, but I finally broke down and bought some triangular makeup sponges from Target.  I cut a small piece off mine to do the sponging with:


My first attempt didn't come out that well, but I'll get better with time:



I just sponged my ring fingers and thumbs.  It came out a bit blotchy and I covered almost all the tan on my ring finger.  The tan is Rimmel Caramel Cupcake and the blue is L'Oreal Now You Sea Me.  I painted the very tips of my sponged nails with the nail polish brush to get them more opaque.  I used Sally Hansen Dries Instantly as my top coat.  Applying that soon after sponging smooths it out a little.  Cleaning the nail polish from around my nails after sponging was not a pain.  I just used a Q-tip dipped in polish remover.

I want to add something else quick to this post:


For the past month, possibly, I have been using this on my cuticles at night.  I generally watch some Netflix before I go to bed and I apply lotion to my hands and this cuticle cream to my cuticles and wear cotton gloves.  I didn't expect my cuticles to get any better (they have always grown up with my nails and they would peel and I always have to push them back.)  I still do carefully push my cuticles back with my towel after I get out of the shower, but my cuticles are staying very nice and pushed back lately and I am pretty sure that it is from this cuticle cream.  I highly recommend it to anyone who has annoying cuticle problems.  It has totally fixed mine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment